Friday, December 30, 2016

Hiatus and Happy New Year

There were so many posts I wanted to write before the end of this year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Trump. So many! I wanted to post a roundup of my 16 favorite beauty products of 2016, and a plan for my 2017 low-buy, and a review of two Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks, and a collection of the best k-pop makeup looks of the year. But what with jetlag and a cold and stupid family drama, I've had less energy than usual for writing, and I've had to spend what energy I do have on finishing a dissertation chapter and preparing for an upcoming interview. I'll be able to return to blogging after the first week of January, but for now, I think it's best to call this an official hiatus.

I can't let December end, however, without thanking you for your support in 2016 and wishing you a very happy new year. It's been one hell of a year, but it's almost over, and there's still a lot of good in the world. And a lot of makeupwhich means Auxiliary Beauty will be around for the foreseeable future.



Have a fun and safe holiday, and see you in 2017!

18 comments:

  1. Happy 2017! May the interview gods be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you! Send me good vibes on Jan. 7...

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year and Best of Luck with the Job Search!! (I hope it's okay to write that and it's not like "the Scottish play" or something!) Looking forward to your 2017 blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's fine to write that! If anything, I think people in academia need to be more open about how terrible the job market is...

      Delete
    2. In response to your query in the later (?) post - I have OPI polish thinner. It's about $10 for a small bottle that will last you for-evah! start out with a few drops at a time. It definitely helps get more out of the polishes, but you just can't ever get that last third...

      Delete
    3. I actually owned a bottle of the OPI polish thinner once upon a time, but it didn't do much for my dried-up polishes. I did order it from Amazon, though, and I wonder if it was genuine...

      Delete
  3. Happy new year and good luck! I hope 2017 is inexplicably better for us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Inexplicably" is the right word, because all signs point to 2017 being just as shitty as 2016 (if not more so), but I can't help but hold out some hope.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year to you! I look forward to your return from hiatus, but I'm also wishing you the best of luck on the interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm definitely looking forward to blogging again in the new year.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with interviews, AB!
    And Happy New Year! Thanks for all of 2016 and your wonderful posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belly! And thank YOU for resurrecting your blog and sharing more great posts with us.

      Delete
  6. Happy new year and a thousand good luck wishes! I've disappeared my blog for the time being.. too much to reevaluate. But I'll always be a lurker on yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sorry to hear about the demise of your blog, which I really enjoyed, but I get it: priorities change and one's approach to makeup changes, too. I do wonder whether I'll keep my own blog going if I manage to get a job this year.

      Delete